Monday, February 19, 2007

BBQ


I love BBQ. The Dinosaur BBQ really made me appreciate it. I can't even come close to replicating any of their recipes but I would like to share a very simple recipe for BBQ pizza(using pork or chicken).


First, take a pork shoulder or a whole chicken and put it in a crock pot on low. Add some Dinosaur BBQ sauce, an onion and some cayenne pepper. Cook for about 13 hours(to make it very tender) Seperate meat from whatever gross stuff it's cooking in. Next, take some pre-made pizza dough(you can find it in the cheese section of the market). Form it into a pizza pan. Cook on 450 degrees for about 10 minutes(to crisp the crust). Take out of the oven and use Dinosaur BBQ sauce as the sauce. Sprinkle cayenne pepper, cut onion and the BBQ chicken or pork and cover with cheese(I like a mix of mozzarella and cheddar cheese). Cook for about 15 more minutes. Then it's done. I actually just ate a piece. Yum!

No comments: