Thursday, May 17, 2007

The day I met someone who went to school with Morrissey


Hearing that Morrissey song also reminded me of the time I met some people who went to school with Morrissey. The year was 1999 and my friend and I were in London. We were at this bar next to her apartment. We were drinking hard cider and we were playing songs on the jukebox. I must have chosen a Morrissey song because these guys who were in the bar asked if I liked Morrissey. Apparently, these guys were from Manchester(Morrissey's home town) and were doing construction work in London. They told us that Morrissey was a very strange child and used to carry around a little pink fur purse. They said that kids used to go up to him and demand money and he would open his little fur purse and say, "how much". That's really all there is to the story but it makes me laugh still. It also makes me think of how fun that trip was to London and how much I want to go back.

No comments: