Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Feeling Nostalgic

It's a Wednesday night and I'm just chazillin with my baby and watching best video's of the 90's on VH1. It's hard to believe that some of these songs are over 10 years old!!

In 1995, Duran Duran came out with a cover album. They did a cover of "911 Is A Joke" by Public Enemy. I actually had this cd and used to listen to it. It wasn't that bad. They did a great version of "Lay Lady Lay" by Bob Dylan.

Third Eye Blind was very mid-late 90s. I hated "Semi-Charmed Life" about "meth" addicts, but I have to admit the rest of that album was pretty good. I remember being a freshman in college and listening to this song a lot. It's actually sort of depressing, that's why I probably liked it..

Marky Mark "Good Vibration". This song brings me back to 1991 when I would have to go to Confirmation class every Wednesday night. I used to car pool with two boys who were a grade under me. I remember the one kid was a power wigger and used to always sing this. He became a herion addict and robbed numerous banks. That just shows you what liking Marky Mark will do to you.

Only Jay-Z could sample Annie's "Hard Knock Life". I HATED THIS, but did enjoy, "The City is Mine" The video even features Micheal Rapaport My friend had to cassette single and it got stuck in the tape player in her car so we listened to it repeatedly. Those were the days...
Soul Asylum was really just another early 90's grunge type band but somehow a lot dorkier than other bands in that category. I liked them though. I even remember i bought a old tape of their first album. They were best known for "Runaway Train", their social commentary on Runaway teens in America. I wonder if that video helped little Timmy return home. I hope so. Oh yeah, this dude used to go out with Winonna Ryder, but really, who didn't go out with Winonna Ryder in the early-mid 90's.

Ugly Kid Joe "I Hate Everything About You". Wow! Now this is a song I can relate to!!!! They also did a cover version of "Cats in the Cradle", a song that always me sad. Javen had the greatest hits of Ugly Kid Joe. I didn't know that they made greatest hits with only one song on it.

Oasis -"Wonderwall" I remember being in Germany when this song came out and being at an ice skating rink and them playing this song every 4th song. In between they played weird german techno like, "Help Me Dr. Dick" and "Hertz on Hertz". Germany was very bizarre. I remember going to a night club that was also an all you can eat buffet.

No comments: