Wednesday, December 19, 2007

When I met Radiohead

Remembering the 90's made me remember when I met Radiohead. It was 1998 and they were tagged by douchy music magazine's as "genius" and "ground breaking". I never found that that good but I love the song "Karma Police". Anyway, my uncle used to drive for bands and he got me tickets and back stage passes to see Radiohead at Radio City Music Hall. I went with my roommate and her friend. We drove down. I didn't know it at the time but I had mono really bad and felt really out of it. We had an extra ticket so we sold it to a scalper for $50. They were VIP tickets and we were stupid. I think the scapler got $100 for that ticket. I don't really remember much of the concert. Anyway, we went to the back and stood in a fenced area waiting to go upstairs. We had an extra pass and just gave it to someone on the street(we probably could've sold it to some freak for a lot of money, bu we were dumb). I expected backstage to be really cool and wild. My uncle said that they were really nice and they liked driving in the truck with him. When we got up there it was very awkward. We were young kids among all these old British people. I began talking to someone who seemed very nice. I had no clue who he was but I found out later he was the drummer. When the lead singer came up I asked for his autograph. He was such a little freak. I was not star struck and could care less but he seemed to think he was to important to be around all these people. We left and then got two flat tires in the middle of an idustrial area in Brooklyn. We had to take a taxi to an all night tire store which I think was actually a terrorist club or something. Needless to say, Radiohead were douchbags.

No comments: